I am the WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE

                                      
It was the same day that we found out from the lawyer that there was no other way to build the house this summer that our community had a 12 hour BURN. Dan shared the news from the lawyer right as I was entering the prayer room, so I was a little distraught. The prayer room was the perfect place to go! One of our staff, Veledise, was leading that BURN hour on Jesus’ 7 "I am" statements in John. She encouraged us to read all of the I AM statements and choose one on which to meditate. As we thought on that scripture, we were to reflect how Jesus was that I AM in our life right now. As I read through these 7 statements from Jesus, the words from John 14, “I am the way, and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” jumped off the page. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life, so He had a WAY for us this summer! To know HIS way and plans for our summer and for our house, I just needed to surrender all OUR ways. 

After the Holy Spirit led me to this I AM scripture, I started to read the whole chapter of John 14 for context. As I did, verses 1-3 stood out. Jesus was talking to his disciples for the last time before He went to the cross and died. He told them not to be troubled but to believe. Then He went on to say in His Father's house there are many rooms, and He was going to make a place for them so they could go where He was going. This immediately gave me peace in my heart about what we were called to do this summer.
                                       

An idea that we had been lightly discussing over the last couple months was that our vision was TOOO BIG for Dan and me to accomplish on our own. In the initial planning for YWAM Deaf World, our original thought was to move just our family to PA, but as the vision became clearer, we realized that we needed staff to join us at the new PA base to achieve all God desired us to do through this non-profit. Just as Jesus was leaving his disciples and going to His Father's house to prepare a place for them, God was calling us to leave our YWAM Deaf World JA team, the ones we have discipled, and go literately to Dan's father's house. As I allowed the Holy Spirit to speak from John 14, I understood that God was calling us to also "prepare a place" for Deaf staff in the future at YWAM Deaf World's PA location. Once again, I LOVE how God meets us exactly where we are when we are open to Him! I had so much peace in my heart and could not wait to tell Dan after the prayer room time ended. Over the next couple days, God confirmed this way multiple times to both Dan and me (car sticker pictured below was one of them). As we continued to seek God for direction, we both had a peace to move forward with fundraising for a building project for Deaf staff housing and an office space for the non-profit. The building of our home was delayed so God could turn our hearts towards His bigger and better plan for YWAM Deaf World and for us! Jesus IS the Way who makes our paths straight; He IS the Truth in our circumstances if we seek Him; He IS the Life life that gives us all we need to live abundantly! 

                                         

0 comments:

Post a Comment