Divine Appointments in Washington DC


We have been in Washington DC in for only 4 short weeks, and already God has moved in such mighty ways! Below are a few of the divine appointments that God has set up for us!


Above is Laura Penrod, she was a camper at Camp Lions of IL when I worked at a summer camp for the Deaf when I was in college.  She was one of the campers that I got really close with and developed a friendship with.  We keep in touch for a few years after camp but then lost touch with each other.  Three months ago, two months before moving to DC, I receive a FB message from her with the pictures above.  She was going through things and found this pictures and shared that she missed me.  In this email she explained that she was a senior at Gallaudet university this year.  And she was doing well but it was hard to be a christian at Gallaudet.  I quickly emailed back stating that we were moving to DC and would be there for her senior year.  The first time Dan and I were on campus, I walked by the computer lab and guess who was working, YEP Laura was!  It was a divine appointment!  Laura was the first our a handful of Deaf friends to come to the Washington House of Prayer and comes regularly to the worship/prayer times!  She loves it so much she always invites a friend!  I am so blessed by her eagerness to know God more and grow in relationship with him!  


Laura than invited Dan and I to a Deaf bible study that she goes to and so we went! The leader of the bible study (the guy with blond hair with his hand up in the picture below), Rusty, was a friend of mine when I went to Gallaudet.  When he saw me he recognized me right away and quickly gave me a hug! 


As I went I meet many Deaf people as well as interpreters for the Deaf at the bible study.  It was a great connection point and we plan to continue to go to the bible study throughout the year.  But God had so much more than this.  The women who has her arm up in the corner of the women was the interpreter for the night, as two hearing adults attend the bible study as well.  Loriel is her name and she is a staff interpreter at Gallaudet University and little did I know but she was the coordinator for the Interpreter Week that I attended at Gallaudet university last week!  


Above are the two coordinators for the Interpreter Training Week that I attended this last week at Gallaudet.  Loriel is on the left and Phyllis is on the right.  Both are strong christians and amazing interpreters!  God planned that I would learn from them the whole week of my workshop at Gallaudet! 


2 comments:

Liene said...

wow!!!! it is amazing to hear what God is doing and how He is bringing people together! and this is only the beginning :) may God keep bringing the right people together to bring His Kingdom where it's needed! be blessed and keep following Him!!!! hugs xxx

Dan and Carole McClelland said...

Yes Liene God is awesome! Thank you for writing your comment of encouragement!

Post a Comment