Burning Desire to Worship Jesus myself

Jason our base leader says, "Worship leaders are great but you will never regret learning to play guitar because you will have the ability to worship Jesus yourself." 


For years, I have been satisfied with worshiping Jesus with an IPOD.  But recently God has been stirring something new inside of me. He has placed a desire to worship Him with song and guitar like I have never had before.  I am always asking Dan if he wants to worship because I want to worship.  The last couple of weeks, I have noticed that I have asked more and more and become sad or disappointed when he just wants to do something else.  Last week, when two really good friends, Ryan and Nicole from our DTS in Costa Rica were visiting, I really wanted to worship.  I wanted to worship soooo much.  I was sitting in the living room, and thought to myself, if I could play guitar I would get that guitar right there and I would start worshiping Jesus.  I thought for two seconds and said I do not care, I am going to get the guitar and start learning! And I did! Ryan and Nicole taught me chords G and C and I started practicing.  I have been practicing everyday for about an hour ever since.  My left fingertips hurt from playing but I am learning and I love it! I currently, a week of practicing know 4 chords, G, C, D and E (I think one or two might be minors). 


How did I really get started? So after David's Tent last year, www.ywamdc.org, for more information, our team was having week long worship workshop.  Learning about worship theories and how to play guitar or piano etc.  I thought to myself, what am I going to do this week as I am not musically talented at all! And Dan has tried to teach me guitar and drums in the past with no success.  So I decided to skip the first day of the workshop and go to Gallaudet University for the day (I had been going to Gallaudet, once or twice a week since the Fall semester started so it was not out of the blue but I usually went on Tuesdays but decided I would go on Monday and possibly everyday this week because of the worship workshop).  Well, I am hanging out with a friend Heather when she introduces me to a few other Christians on campus.  I met Neal, Michai and Brandon.  I start sharing about YWAM and the DTS and afterwards, Brandon (pictured below) asks so what is your team doing now? I explained about the worship workshop and that we are learning guitar etc and he said wait right here I have something for you. He left and I waited.  He came back about 5 mins later with a guitar for Rocksmith game on how to play guitar.  He said that he brought the guitar that day and felt like he was supposed to give it away and he did not know to who until I shared about the worship workshop. 


Here I am avoiding worship workshop, by going to Gallaudet and a met a guy, who is Deaf, and he gives me a guitar! You would think that I would listen to God and start learning right there! But it has been about 6 months since that day when I got the guitar but God has been building the desire inside of me to worship him myself and start to play the guitar! And I am loving it! I am so grateful for God using Brandon in my life to jump start something I never knew I had in me! 

 After you read this blog, please say a pray for Brandon! In 10 days, he will be arriving back to DC to join the ASL DTS.  He currently has about 200 dollars of the 3,200 dollars for the lecture phrase of the DTS.  He is trusting in God and has faith that God will provide the rest as he knows he is called to know God and make him known! He became a Christian about 8 months ago and is so excited about falling more in love with Jesus and believing for radical transformation in himself and others during this time!  If you would like to partner and be a part of Brandon knowing God more through the DTS, please go to http://www.ywamdc.com/donate/ and write the donation is for Brandon Burnett, ASL DTS.  Thank you in advance for your prayers and donations! We know that God will provide for Brandon in crazy awesome ways! 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praising the Lord that Brandon is arriving today!!

Post a Comment