A Blog from Dan

Well, some of you are probably wondering, “What is Dan doing all this time in Costa Rica? I hear all these things about Carole but where is Dan?”. Hopefully I can answer these questions and more!

So, as I hope you guessed, I am here in San Jose, Costa Rica (just in case you thought maybe I got off the plane in the Bahamas or something). And I have had an amazing experience the last 4 weeks. God has been working on me in so many areas. The first 3 weeks were all about hearing God and removing everything from our life that hinders our relationship with Him so we can better receive guidance. I have “cleaned out the closet”, so to speak, and this past week God has began to build a new foundation on that clean slate. This week we learned all about the Father heart of God, which was amazing!! In my past I have had the opportunity to learn so much about who God is and how he is my Heavenly Father. But this week God took that head knowledge of Him and put it into my heart. I not only know of his love, I have experienced that love first hand and felt the loving embrace from my Father. To know that I am just a child of God and I don't have to know or have everything in control because my Dad has got it all covered and he just wants me to experience the fullness of His love! God totally changed my perspective of Him as my father. Having God as my Father, I now understand that it is not I that takes God places, it is God that takes me places because he loves me so much and just wants to be with me! God has called us to go to Europe for our outreach and it is amazing to now understand that it is God who is going to Europe and he just is inviting us along as His children so that we can experience more of His love.

Some highlights of the past 4 weeks: We got to take a trip to Panama and see the amazing beauty of jungles and mountains that God has placed in this place! I have seen God at work in amazing ways through peoples lives, finances, and safety, stuff that you only read about in books! I have met many amazing people and I am developing many deep friendships. After rededicating my new life of freedom in Christ I was baptized in a wooden canoe fully clothed and unplanned! I have had many amazing times of worship just freely expressing my revelation of who God is to me. We have had the opportunity to reach out to a nearby college campus, playing music, sharing the gospel and just spreading Gods love despite the language barrier. The list goes on and on and this is only the end of week 4.

Some prayer request for the upcoming weeks: Next Saturday (30th I think) will be our first major outreach where we will be running a Sat night service for youth. We will be doing drama, worship, testimonies, ect...Please pray for the hearts of the youth to be softened so that Gods message will make an impact on their lives. And also for unity in our team during preparation for that time. Another big prayer request is the finances for our outreach. As a complete team we need 25,000 dollars. Although Carole and I have been blessed to receive so much support, many people on our team were not as fortunate and we are now working as a team to gather the funds necessary for outreach. We will be doing many different fundraising projects and we know that if God wants us to go he will provide what is needed. But we still could use prayer for wisdom and guidance in what God wants us to do and who we need to talk to to gather all of the funding necessary.

Thanks for all your prayers, and financial support.
Dan

1 comments:

Alissa said...

"To know that I am just a child of God and I don't have to know or have everything in control because my Dad has got it all covered and he just wants me to experience the fullness of His love!"

That line really stuck out to me. It's hard to understand that we don't have to know everything but just have to be open and willing.

Awesome to hear and see pictures of your baptism. I'm jealous of the freedom you and Carole are experiencing. Maybe someday I'll be right along side of you in Honduras. :)

It's great to hear how God is changing you two each and every day with new experiences. It's something us here will never truly understand until we step out in faith as well.

Post a Comment