Candida Infection, Called to believe God's Word instead of life experiences


So I arrived home after struggling up the mountain near my house physically exhausted but my spirit soaring! I was determined to seek God and his plan in all of the things I was experiencing!  

As I sought him, He brought to my mind from a devotional page (Day #10) our YWAM team was doing together, Ignite Faith by Steve and Wendy Backlund.  

"Here is a major life question: Does our experience create our identity or does our identity create our experience? The answer is . . . (drum roll please) . . . our identity creates our experience. Remember those who think they can and those who think they can't, are both right. What we believe about ourselves will either bind us or launch us.  . .

When it comes to who we think we are, 
God is calling us to believe His Word instead of negative experiences."

God was calling me to believe and based my identity based on HIS WORD rather then what I was experiencing day to day.  To focus on God's promises rather than how I was feeling or even what I was seeing with my human eyes.  He was calling me to know HIS TRUTH and PROMISES in HIS WORD and start declaring them over my life and see them come to pass. 

So I waited.  I said God show me your truth and promises in your Word. He brought me to four scriptures, the last one was the promise I held on to and declared over and over during the last 4 months. It was my promise of His plan in my life through Candida infection. I wrote them out as declarations (statements that directly apply the scripture to me personally). 

I am a new creation, the old is gone and the new has come. 2 Cor 5:17
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phil 4:13
I am a royal priest, a chosen person, a holy person, a person belonging to God so that I may declare the praises of him who called me out of darkness into his wonderful light. 2 Peter 2:9 
God himself will restore me, make me strong, firm and steadfast, after I have suffered a little while. 1 Peter 5:10

I started to speak out loud the promises and scriptures God revealed to me during our time together even though I saw no evidence of it in my physical body or with my human eyes.  I started to speak out the promises and scriptures even if I did not truly believe them at first but He wanted my flesh, my feelings, my thoughts, my brian to hear the TRUTH over and over and come into alignment with God's Word! It says in Romans 10:17, "faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ."  I needed to hear the message (God's truth and promises) over and over so that it would produce faith in me that then would see the truth I was declaring in the spirit manifested in the physical! 

I am a daughter of God who bases my identity on God's Word rather than my life experiences! I am a woman who holds on to the Words of truth that God has spoken over my life and believes I am who the Bible says I am! It was only after I got to this point that I could declare things statements in faith, that God could open my eyes to see how God had prepared the soil and planted the seeds in my life and circumstances to produce a crop in my life multiplying it to a hundred times what was sown. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment