Family Portrait: How many days has been the longest Dan and Carole have been apart?


How many days has been the longest 
Dan and Carole have been apart 
in their 4.5 years of marriage? 


Clue #1: It was March 2012. 

Clue #2:  Dan visited his brothers and their wives, Grant and Sarah in NY and Kelby and Rachel in NC. He also made a visit and met the team at YWAM DC. 

Clue #3: It was planned that I would go to Nicaragua and do Spanish school but due to my infected root canal stayed in Costa Rica recovering. But the last week of the of the month, I got to go home and visit my family in Chicago!


Clue #4: As a way to love me through words of affection, which is one of my love languages, he wrote a letter for each day that we would be apart. I still read those letters when He is away. :)


 The answer is . . . 30 Days

The night Dan left for Kyrgyzstan

This trip is a total of 16 days and we only have 2 more days to go. 
As Dan will be arriving in DC Wednesday night! 

During the last 14 days, I have had the opportunity to catch up and see many people! It has been a joy to do so!  Below are some pictures of friends and family saw! 

Mom and Dad McClelland at the farm! 
Got the van fixed in PA and got 3 relaxing days with God and nights of great fellowship!

Me, Amanda, Anna and Liz! For an early B-day gathering for me!

Bible Study in MD, seeing old friends and made some new ones. 


Laura Penrod and me on the train! I love this girl! 

Sleepover with Mariah and Laura! We talked until 1 or 2 in the morning! 

Then the next morning, Mariah made Gluten-free pancakes for us! Yum!

Catch up dinner and beautiful walk with Shani and Jessica, two amazing staff at YWAM DC. 

Blessed to catch up with Heather twice and once meeting her parents after church! 

Sharla, a breath of fresh air, always!  Hanging out sharing what God has been teaching us!

0 comments:

Post a Comment