Veledise's Perspective of South Africa Trip: Surrender Made a Way

"We can learn to just be aware of ourselves, to just give what we can do - which is surrendering our will, to doing the will of God." 

c522546b-da94-4b74-834d-b9faa5d324c7.jpg
The founder of Deaf World Jamaica, Deaf DTS, and teacher, Carole, and me.
 
First, it was such an honor for me to work with Carole who empowered and believed the best in my journey with God including each of you who has been supporting my journey with prayers and financial.

Before I went there with Carole, I was praying with her. We felt that the theme of this trip was surrender. What can I say about surrender? In the bible, we see many bible stories representing surrendered human ways to God especially with Jesus told Father: "Not my will, but Your will." Does that mean it is easy to surrender? No, but it is worth it! 

There are so many stories that have happened in South Africa, but I will select two of my stories in what God has been doing in me. However, you are welcome to email me to set up the time to have a video call to listen to a full story about this.

God Has Moved Veledise's Mountain through Teaching

For a long time, I have been in my comfort zone of not sharing who I am. I loved to keep to myself. When God impressed my heart it was time to use and build up the church with the gift that God designed, so I knew it was time for me to get out of my comfort zone as I would show who I am through teaching. Knowing every person's eyes in the classroom would look at me makes me feel nervous! When I started to co-teach with Carole by hearing God's voice, I knew that I would teach some and be able to learn how to plan with the Holy Spirit. During that week, I tried to avoid it. However, God did not let me escape. I had to stand in front of the group and had to admit where I was with the staff and students. They were able to take a pause and speak the truth over me as a teacher as I was going through healing from past wounds of being in the center of people. From that moment, I saw how God moved the mountain and I was able to find more of my teaching style. Praise God for His grace that I can experience a huge breakthrough through this teaching. Carole is the reason why I was able to have this breakthrough through believing the best in me as a teacher.

d92c8477-1806-4828-aeb3-8d42b9393219.jpg7c7fc517-4648-4ad1-836a-e05231ca59c2.jpg

It Is Time To Testify 

1681aade-5837-48f2-8507-32d039dc9363.jpg73ae459b-fbf0-4737-91b4-5b0354633a3c.jpg
YWAM Worcester Intercession
On one night during dinner time, I was asked to share testimony of how God changed my life. From that moment, I felt the Holy Spirit said, "Go and share everything." So, I did. Again, I surrendered my way because I liked to keep everything to myself. "Wow, that is a powerful testimony!" Right after her comment, Carole said, "I think you should share your short testimony during intercession." I was asked to lead the intercession the next day, so I prayed and felt strongly that I was supposed to share the testimony. The next day, I was able to present my short testimony in front of YWAM Worcester about why it is important to have Deaf DTS where they can understand my life story and be able to pray for more Deaf to join DTS to experience a true God who can save their lives and who can love them unconditionally! My life story shows the power of God who can be saved me!

fff9f42a-c27e-4fdb-b80b-4591f3e69a5b.jpgbac0160a-15f4-41b0-b6fa-16564fedaafb.jpgec973df9-c0e9-4d82-a94e-1886f78532b2.jpgb1a6632d-983d-45be-b96a-0959018dfb1b.jpg
My time in South Africa was amazing -- because God is moving mightily in me and others.

Thank you, my supporters, for your donation, prayers, and words of encouragement. Because of you, I was able to go to South Africa and have a huge breakthrough with God's gift for me as a teacher with my base leader, Carole.   

0 comments:

Post a Comment