New Manna EVERY MORNING!

The first couple days of the year, I arrived in DC and found that I still had some food left in the freezer from last year.  I often would make a large portion of a meal and then freeze it so I did not have to cook all the time. And I still had some left.  I did not want to waste it or throw it away.  So I was reheating it and eating it even though it did not taste every good. 

On Jan 8th I was reflecting in Ex 16 for my quiet time, where God provided manna for the Israelites.  Verse 19 -20 jumped out at me.  "No one is to keep any of it until morning. However, some of them paid no attention to Moses, they kept part of it until morning, but it was full of maggots and began to smell."  

I had been holding onto and even trying to eat rotten manna (Freezer meals from last year).  All the meals had meat in them and I still tried to eat them avoiding the meat when God clearly confirmed and I decided to live a lifestyle without meat (will share more about no meat and new lifestyle of healing eating in next blog). I even was trying to convince Dan to eat them (it did not work but I tried).

I immediately felt called to throw out the rest of the freezer meals from 2012 and look forward to the new manna of 2013! And I did! It was so freeing to left go of the old manna and Trust God will provide new manna!




After I threw out the freezer meals, I got excited about new And I really wanted PIZZA! So Dan and I went to Whole Foods and found some bread crust that I could have and pasta sauce and a bunch of veggies and made some delicious PIZZA! I had not had PIZZA for over 9 months the last time in Costa Rica! And the new manna was SOOOO GOOOD! 


After this experienced, I realized I do this spiritually too! I often hear a word from God for a season or a day and I hold onto that word forever and try to apply it to every situation of my life when it was for yesterday and God has NEW MANNA for me everyday! 

I love that we can trust him to provide NEW MANNA EVERY MORNING! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment